Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ford Focus Carpet Replacement

Recently I chopped up the carpet in my Focus so I could find a water leak. Turned out it was a dodgy windscreen seal, typical! So, I went to a scrapyard and bought a none-chopped carpet. As you can see, it was in some state!


Quick hoover and some carpet shampoo, it was looking pretty decent.


So, time to remove my old carpet. Here is what a focus looks like with no carpet or back seat bench.


Most tricky bit was removing the centre console. Trying to get the thing over the handbrake and gear lever was difficult but here we are.


Removing the seats requires caution. There is an electrical connection which connects a sensor for the airbags. My Haynes manual said to disconnect the battery and wait 5 mins before removing these connections, so that is what I did.


Time to fetch the new carpet down.


Focus floor with no seats.


Chuck in the carpet.


Fit carpet into door sills, etc.


Rebuild the centre console starting with the rear air ducting.


Pop the fascia back on.


Chuck the front seats back in and ensure they are wired up properly. (They are surprisingly heavy!)


Chuck the back seat bench back in.


Yay, finished!

4 comments:

Ingyar said...

Hi Sam

I am in dire need for help
about removing, cleaning and refitting a carpet in my Mk1 Focus.

I started the removal process and am stuck at the moment at some places.

I've posted the topic in couple of Focus forums and had some replay but think you might be able to guide me more precisely.

If it's not a trouble i am very greatfull if you could take a look
at my forum posts with pictures
and give a comment:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4214448&posted=1#post4214448

or

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/33773-focus-mk1-carpet-removal-help/page__gopid__187328#entry187328


If you are not member of any of those forums mail me @ eg_igor (at) yahoo (dot) com

TNX mate in advance!

Regards

Igor

Masood said...

I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject? water damage repair

Unknown said...

Hi there would you no where the most common water leak would be on the mk1 focus both footwells wet so far have resealed the pollen filter housing.

Hala Furniture said...

Nice & Appreciable post. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
https://bit.ly/2HycOt9Carpets Dubai priceCarpet Supplier Dubai